- Disability Studies at Syracuse University Website
- Disability Studies and Mental Retardation
- Disability Studies: Information and Resources (.pdf)
- Fact Sheet on Disability Studies (.pdf)
- Selected Annotated Bibliography: Disability Studies and Mental Retardation
- Beyond Affliction: The Disability History Project
- This four hour documentary radio series shares the experiences of people with disabilities and their families since the beginning of the 19th century.
- Disability Studies for Teachers
Lesson plans and materials designed to help teachers integrate disability studies into social studies, history, literature, and related subjects in grades 6-12 and postsecondary use.
- Center on Disability Studies at the University of Hawaii
Recognizing that every individual has unique dreams and values, the mission of the Center on Disability Studies is to support the quality of life, inclusion, and empowerment of all persons with disabilities and their families through partnerships in training, service, evaluation, research, dissemination, and technical assistance by nurturing, sustaining, and expanding promising practices for people with disabilities.
- Disability Social History Project
People with disabilities have an exciting and rich history that should be shared with the world. The ways in which disabled people have acted and have been treated and viewed must be examined within the social, political, economic, and religious climates of the times and cultures. This project will present images and information about disabled historical figures and events in an attempt to give an introduction to disability social history.
- Disability Studies in Education (Special Interest Group of AERA)
To encourage Disability Studies in education; to provide an organizational vehicle for networking among Disability Studies researchers in education; and to increase the visibility and influence of Disability Studies among all educational researchers.
- Disability Studies Academic Community
Features scholarly resources, DS-HUM listserv information, syllabi, announcements and web links on Disability Studies.
- Bibliography: New Paradigm of Disability
From disabled activists using civil disobedience for social justice to university professors with disabilities researching and teaching disability studies a new, clearly articulated analysis of the disability paradigm has emerged and is taking root throughout the nation and around the world. This bibliography is intended as a catalyst to further articulate amplify, and promote this new perspective of disability to allies, potential allies, academics, and policy makers and the media.
- Society for Disability Studies
The Society for Disability Studies (SDS) is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization composed of social scientists, scholars in the humanities, disability rights advocates, providers, and agency personnel concerned with people with disabilities.