As part of one particular national search for promising practices in community integration for people with developmental disabilities, the Center on Human Policy sought examples of supports for people to engage in alternative integrated day activities other than supported work or traditional competitive employment.
- Acting on a Vision: Agency Conversation at KFI, Millinocket, Maine (.pdf)
- Creating Meaningful Daytimes: Community Building at Options for Individuals, Louisville, Kentucky (.pdf)
- It’s All Business: A Site Visit Report on Working Order, Sharpsburg, Pennsylvania (.pdf)
- “This is Still A Work in Progress”: Common Ground, Littleton, New Hampshire (.pdf)
- Job Path: Shifting the Focus Beyond Just Work (.pdf)
- Make the Day Matter! Promoting Typical Lifestyles for Adults with Significant Disabilities. Pamela Walker and Patricia Rogan. Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co., 2007.